Winter Storm Romania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blog: Back in the recording studio (13.02.2010)

3 posters

Go down

Blog: Back in the recording studio (13.02.2010) Empty Blog: Back in the recording studio (13.02.2010)

Post by Suomi_Rocks Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:04 am

It’s so funny to read that some of you got nervous because I didn’t write in two days…come on. I am working here Smile !

The photo session went really well and Jens Boldt did magnificent work again. Some of you will love it, others will freak out. Wink

Few days ago I needed to say goodbye to lovely Will Calhoun.

Blog: Back in the recording studio (13.02.2010) Img_5410

He is just a wonderful personality and very supportive character. I enjoyed working with him a lot. I hope to meet him very soon again. Thank you Will for your kind words, effort and talent.

Today in the morning I returned back to the studio where Doug and Alex are recordings their parts.

Blog: Back in the recording studio (13.02.2010) Img_5314
Blog: Back in the recording studio (13.02.2010) Img_5315

Doug did a great job in the album song “Naiad” today. Bass is not only the supportive instrument on this album, but also it has a big role in being a mood creator. There is more than one song with two bass lines.

This is the last day for Doug in the studio and soon it will be getting quiet here again, since only Alex will stay with us.

Just few days ago there were 12 of us!

Anyway, I am really getting excited about the recordings because the songs are sounding already exactly how I wished them to sound long time ago. Just wonderful…

The same way that we did when Mike played his parts, Doug and Alex are playing together in the heavier songs while Doug is recording. That way it’s easier for him to get the correct groove of the song. The guys are recording in the control room where we all are present. It’s really cosy here.

Blog: Back in the recording studio (13.02.2010) Img_5316

Chris recorded a small Hammond feature in one of my songs. The song is very theatrical with tempo and key changes and needs all kind of crazy stuff and Hammond is definitely one of those elements.

There is a very old Hammond here in the studio and I wanted Chris to record with it even though I knew he has one of his own at his home studio. I just wanted to hear that old instrument’s massive sound.

Blog: Back in the recording studio (13.02.2010) Img_5317

Before Chris and Will left the place, they got to try out the snowmobile! Even though the one in the photo is Alex. I saw they had some fun for a while. There is lot of snow here to play with those machines! It can be dangerous though…

Blog: Back in the recording studio (13.02.2010) Img_5318

We are progressing nicely and fast Wink

Blog: Back in the recording studio (13.02.2010) Img_5411

Blog: Back in the recording studio (13.02.2010) Img_5319

With love, Tarja
Suomi_Rocks
Suomi_Rocks
Most Helpful / Friendly

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-03-03

http://www.hi5.com/friend/profile/displaySameProfile.do?userid=1

Back to top Go down

Blog: Back in the recording studio (13.02.2010) Empty Re: Blog: Back in the recording studio (13.02.2010)

Post by victor_uzum Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:21 am

Tarja wrote:It’s so funny to read that some of you got nervous because I didn’t write in two days…come on. I am working here Smile
:rofl: Vezi? Asa e cand obisnuiesti lumea prost... Razz Le dai un deget, iar ei iti iau toata mana!... Razz

Oare cine-o fi fost?!... Tembelu' ala de Maxime?!... Razz

[Edit] Ce bine-i sta in tricoul Argentinei!... :love:

Tarja You'll NEVER Walk Alone!...

Last edited by victor_uzum on Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
victor_uzum
victor_uzum
Calling Grace

Number of posts : 913
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Blog: Back in the recording studio (13.02.2010) Empty Re: Blog: Back in the recording studio (13.02.2010)

Post by Suomi_Rocks Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:32 pm

victor_uzum wrote:Oare cine-o fi fost?!... Tembelu' ala de Maxime?!... Razz
*ehem* : http://www.tarjaturunen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4900&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=900 (scroll până la postarea lui Baki)
http://www.tarjaturunen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4900&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=980 (scroll până la Helen)
Laughing
Suomi_Rocks
Suomi_Rocks
Most Helpful / Friendly

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-03-03

http://www.hi5.com/friend/profile/displaySameProfile.do?userid=1

Back to top Go down

Post by roxana_enache Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:50 pm

Mi se pare aaaattaaattt de dulce faptul ca ne scrie atat de des pe blog... ca isi face timp zilnic pentru asta. :X
roxana_enache
roxana_enache
Our Great Divide

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2009-09-07

http://mademoisellesauvage.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down