Winter Storm Romania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interviuri cu Tarja

+21
Chagrin
Sahistul
LittlePhoenix
ice_angel
victor_uzum
hartia
MissSwan
kuolema
EnsimmainenEnkeli
Magnolia
Rain
roxana_enache
diana17rock
Suomi_Rocks
Black_Kitty
ambrozi
Syrius
Sorana
Chiticot
Kinga
Unia
25 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Interviuri cu Tarja - Page 3 Empty Re: Interviuri cu Tarja

Post by roxana_enache Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:20 pm

Da, si mie mi-a placut... asta arata ca Tarja e intr-adevar o luptatoare! :clap: :love:
roxana_enache
roxana_enache
Our Great Divide

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2009-09-07

http://mademoisellesauvage.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinga Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:38 pm

Kinga
My Winter Storm

Number of posts : 1358
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://winterstormhungary.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinga Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:11 pm

Si "traducerea" de la JusAKid:

Q: Are you satisfied with your development as an artist since your departure from Nightwish in 2005?
A: You know, time is passing by very quickly. I've been a solo artist for 4 years and it's been really amazing, wonderful experience. I learned many new things because the situation is different now. It's one thing to be in a band and completely different to be a solo artist. I can assure you that I am more than happy to travel all over the world and visit countries I have never been in. I'm glad that I've found great musicians to work with, it's a pleasure for us and we get along very well. I can't complain.

Q: When you first performed as a solo artist, were you nervous that you would not get a friendly reception from the audience?
A: I remember my first performance as a solo artist very well. It was the first time with a new band of mine and we were very excited to see what kind of people would come to see me, what they would expect from me now. That happened in 2007 and was a very nice experience. Two years have passed and we're almost always on tour. That's a lot of concerts behind us and only a few to go. I'm so excited! I can't wait to play again in Bulgaria because our last show here was absolutely amazing. I'm so happy we came back.

Q: Did your classical training helped you when you started doing metal music or it was difficult for you?
A: Professionaly speaking, musically I am somewhere between classical music and heavy metal. It took me a few years to learn how to sing metal with the voice I have. I mean it is hard for someone who was trained to sing classical music to adapt to the metal music. I have fought with that for many years and finally succeeded. There aren't many singers like me in metal and it's a great honor for me to be a part of it.

Q: What is the challenge in being a front woman and having all eyes on you?
A: Well, one thing's for sure - it's full of responsibilities. There are only men on stage with me but they treat me with respect and we have a lot of fun together. When you look at us while we're on stage, the way we interact with each other, you'll see that we love what we do. About the challenge of being a front woman - for me it's very important to be healthy and give my best performance to the audience. It's not easy but I do my best to stay in good shape.

Q: What is the weirdest thing a fan of yours has told you?
A: From a fan? Every day I hear different things and propositions. My fans are amazing people. The strangest thing is that they mostly have tattoos of my face, my name or my logo all over their bodies. A few days ago I met a fan who had my face tattooed on his arm. Oh my god! And then he said "Tarja, you're so beautiful" - "Yeah, but I'm getting older" and he said "That's not possible, you're immortal!" Those things happen and people often propose me to marry them. But I'm already married.

Q: Which one do you feel closer to you - classical music or heavy metal?
A: I think that combining classical singing with heavy metal and rock was a wonderful decision. If today I have to choose only one of them, it would be easy. But I don't want to do it. Both metal and classical music are part of who I am and I love them equally. Those are two different worlds living in me and putting them together is one of the best things that I've ever done.

Q: What is Tarja going to surprise us with in her next album?
A: We have the title ready - What Lies Beneath. The titles itself raises many questions and most of the songs are already written and waiting to be recorded. This album will be very experimental concerning the worlds I just talked about. The songs are between heavy metal and classical music and besides there will be this film-music vibe, which I love very much. It's a great challenge for me because I have to put together a very complicated puzzle of bits and pieces, of different sounds and emotions. I think that due to the experience I have now this album will be better than the previous one.

Q: Is there another singer from a female fronted band that you see as a competition?
A: For me? There is a great amount of female singers in metal music nowadays and there was a period that this used to surprise me. When I started with Nightwish many years ago there were very little female singers. Now it's nice to see that a lot of girls are choosing metal music. To be honest, I have never thought that there was any competition between us. Every one of us has a unique voice and features. A competition is just... absurd.

Q: What would you say to those so-called "true" metal fans who say that artists like your destroy metal music with their opera-like singing?
A: Destroy? Oh so I destroy it. I'd say that what I do is not exactly metal music with opera-like singing. I have classical training and there's a difference between the two. What we did with Nightwish in the beginning was a wonderful combination of two worlds. People still say that our albums were unique. Personally, I don't think we're destroying the metal music. It's more like we're developing it.

Q: Imagine that your rock carreer never happened and instead you became a professional opera singer. Where would you be right now?
A: That's a very hypothetical question. It's hard to say. I don't think I would have become a professional opera singer because I am not that persistent. But you never know. Maybe there was a successful carreer in front of me. I can only guess. I am a person who fights for their dreams and works very hard every day to fulfil them. I try to improve, to be a better singer. I can't say where I would be, but definitely I'd be singing somewhere.

Q: You just said you work very hard to fulfil your dreams. Are you satisfied with what you've accomplished so far?
A: Wow, I think I have lots of dreams but what I really dream of is to be healthy and live a long life. But if I die tomorrow, I'd die happy because I am happy with what I've done and the people around me. They always support me and help me fulfil my dreams. As an artist I feel very good. All I want is to travel, to visit new places, to meet new people, to be healthy and to enjoy the music. That's important.

Kinga
My Winter Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Suomi_Rocks Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:35 pm

Kinga wrote:A few days ago I met a fan who had my face tattooed on his arm. Oh my god! And then he said "Tarja, you're so beautiful" - "Yeah, but I'm getting older" and he said "That's not possible, you're immortal!" Those things happen and people often propose me to marry them. But I'm already married.
Dragut. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Suomi_Rocks
Suomi_Rocks
Most Helpful / Friendly

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-03-03

http://www.hi5.com/friend/profile/displaySameProfile.do?userid=1

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnolia Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:31 pm

"...people often propose me to marry them"

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Magnolia
Magnolia
Funniest User

Number of posts : 1744
Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:52 pm

"All I want is to travel, to visit new places, to meet new people, to be healthy and to enjoy the music. That's important"
chiar i-a placut faza asta. e destul de adevarat, asta e important in viata sa fi sanatos si sa ajungi sa faci tot ce-ti propui thumb up
Rain
Rain
Minor Heaven

Number of posts : 816
Registration date : 2009-08-06

http://solemnhour.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by roxana_enache Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:47 pm

sunt complet de acord... cea mai importanta e sanatatea... fara ea nu faci nimic in viata.

p.s. e superb machiata! :love:
roxana_enache
roxana_enache
Our Great Divide

Back to top Go down

Post by EnsimmainenEnkeli Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:51 am

draguta faza cu
"you're immortal"
:rofl: :rofl:
eu cu nebunele mele prietena de breazla am ajuns la aceeasi concluzie. Sunt ferm convinse (fetele) ca Taji este o vampirita... una a zis ca e Amazoana. yahoo yahoo
(doamne, nu e de trait cu noi... gargaunii si pasarelele noastre sunt molipsitoare Neutral )
EnsimmainenEnkeli
EnsimmainenEnkeli
Boy And The Ghost

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinga Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:33 am

Nu am vazut acest interviu:

Nici nu inteleg mult, dar... Razz

Kinga
My Winter Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Unia Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:55 pm

Interviu audio nou: (click pe play, sub text)

http://www.radionova.fi/page.php?page_id=1219&c=3&i=4205 bounce
Unia
Unia
Admin

Number of posts : 2952
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Suomi_Rocks Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:20 pm

Deci se pare ca lansarea albumului va fi prin mai. Interviuri cu Tarja - Page 3 Love12 bounce bounce
Suomi_Rocks
Suomi_Rocks
Most Helpful / Friendly

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinga Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:25 pm

Yey!! boogie :clap:

Kinga
My Winter Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinga Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:45 pm

Si o traducere pentru partea audio (de la Orion):

---

You were trying to complain that you've got a flu, and that you've slept only an hour last night. We don't believe a word you say, because you look unbelievably fresh.

- Blah, blah, blah...

Jussi Juupa said that he just came from Herttoniemi, and he's got much more jetlag than you...

-Yeah right... I got such a thick make up...You should start wearing make up like I do, so you wouldn't feel so...

I am wearing make up.

-Ok...

-So how did the Helsinki-Vantaa looked like? Did you see the piles of luggage there?
(This is because Finnair pilots were on strike or something, I don't remember anymore.. Razz)

-I only saw them in the news this morning. We managed to avoid all that...We used Lufthansa, so we didn't see that. Our luggage came right on time and everything was ok.

So you didn't use any V.I.P. fairway?

-No we didn't (whispery voice), or private jet.

These piles are probably in some different place in there..

-They were trying to scare us with those, but...we were lucky.

This can comfort people, that they can actually survive alive from there

-Yes.

Alright, the Maailman Kauneimmat Joululaulut-album was released not a long ago, plus that your record company Universal released your own special single that includes songs Maa On Niin Kaunis, Arkihuolesi Kaikki Heitä, which is a duet with Veeti Kallio and Heinillä Härkien. What kind of a role these songs have in your Christmas?

- Well...They are the most traditional Christmas songs and beautiful too, and it was wonderful that I was able to choose the songs myself, and because I had never recorded these songs before, which is also nice thing that in my own concert I get something new...so called "old new" songs to sing, and that I've been singing them with my family ever since I was a little girl, and they belong to each Christmas and especially Heinillä Härkien, which was one of the first songs I learn when I was little. I didn't need to read the words back then (from the lyric sheet), but now I'll have to cheat in concerts.. *laughs*

Hopefully You have time to take a deep breath, before you get on the road tomorrow. Tomorrow you've got the first sold out concert at the Lahti Sibelius house, and then in Kaleva church in Tampere, and then next week Lappeenranta, Helsinki, Joensuu, Haapajärvi and then finally Seinäjoki, where the tour ends. Tell us a little bit what kind of a package this is?
-It's wonderful to work with really brilliant musicians like Kalevi Kiviniemi, Marzi Nyman and Markku Krohn. They are great musicians and very professional, and whatever happens, I feel good when I "rest" in the cradle of music. But at the moment I have a horrible flu, so let's see how this tour starts tomorrow. I gotta think positively that it's gonna work out, and if I need to gough, then I'll gough and continue after that.

Tarja is actually worried about this...That if the concert would start right now, it might be quite difficult.
-Yeah...
Earlier in the morning there was a conversation that which professionals are most proud of their tools and we got messages from truck drivers and drivers of expencive chopper machines and some chef talked about his knives, their own tools which they are very proud of. So then someone e-mailed and said that probably a singer is proud of his/her voice and takes care of it and musician probably of his/her hands.
-Yes. When I have a flu and I can't sing, I'll become the most horrible person walking on earth. The voice is such a diamond that I have to take good care of every day.

What about when you have come from warm to the cold weather, though it's not as cold as it could be this time of year, so does your voice work different way in here than in Argentina so that you'll have to put 5 meters of muffle around your neck...?

-Yes, yes. And also that here the climate is unbelievably dry. I think I sing much better when it's little bit clammy. In southern Europe the concerts are much better, because I don't need to squeese and work with my voice, it just has good tone.

The oiling comes straight from the air?

-Yes, yes...

Can one actually insure a voice? You know, you can always here these stories...

-*laughter* Very funny....

I think that's a "no".

What if Marcelo has been behaving badly, do you deny to yell at him so that you don't destroy your voice?

-If that happens, I wouldn't think twice weather to yell him of not. *laughter*

You have released 2 CD extended edition of the album MWS in 2007, and in your blog you have announced to release a new album with working title What Lies Beneath. What is it gonna be like?

We start the recordings in January, and hopefully we can release it in May.
It looks very much like me, I 've composed all songs by myself or with someone. And it's very personal album, talking about my love for today's music, heavy metal, rock and classical music. It's an experimental abum, but with lot of feelings, deep.

So how long are you staying in Finland?

-Well until the 18th when I have the last concert in Seinäjoki, and then I have a concert in Moscow and the in Santiago, Chili, so the tour continues all the way to the South-America.

What about Christmas?

-Well I gotta spend it early with my family here in Finland cos my work takes me away.

Any possibility that you'd move to Finland, and get a fluffy boiler suit for Marcelo so he could handle this...?

-He's got one already...

Really?

-Yeah, and the man is not complaining at all. This morning at the airport when his breath was streaming, he was jumping up and down like a little boy. He likes the cold weather a lot, unlike me as you can hear *coughing*

Now we heard a real coughing. I wish I would get a swine flu from you, so I could tell everybody that I got it from Tarja.

-So you're only able to send SMS's in the end....

Like you heard, the tour is starting, and then next year a new album. I think we should listen to a song Walking In The Air from Henkäys Ikuisuutta-album, which is really nice song. And thanks for coming.
-Thanks.

And we have few of these albums here, and if you call here fast, you can get them to yourself.

Kinga
My Winter Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by roxana_enache Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:54 pm

suomi_rocks wrote:Deci se pare ca lansarea albumului va fi prin mai. Interviuri cu Tarja - Page 3 Love12 bounce bounce

Mama, mama, abia astept! :love: dar banuiesc ca vor intarzia concertele nu? daca lansarea e abia in mai?
roxana_enache
roxana_enache
Our Great Divide

Back to top Go down

Post by Unia Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:55 pm

Myla_Turunen wrote:An interview for a Bulgarian newspaper. (The audio is avaiable in the beginning of the page exclusively for Tarja Brazil)

http://www.tarjabrasil.com/entrevistas.php?i=4&t=telegraph.com_[english]

Thanks ET and her friend for the transcription! Wink
Unia
Unia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unia Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:42 pm

:love:
Unia
Unia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by diana17rock Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:13 pm

e adorbilaaaaa..
poate cineva traduce interviul I love you ..nu inteleg decat cateva cuvinte...
diana17rock
diana17rock
Our Great Divide

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Suomi_Rocks Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:20 pm

diana17rock wrote:poate cineva traduce interviul I love you ..nu inteleg decat cateva cuvinte...
Da, şi eu la fel... Perkele Laughing
Suomi_Rocks
Suomi_Rocks
Most Helpful / Friendly

Back to top Go down

Post by Unia Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:46 pm

Sindar a postat traducerea:

Sindar wrote:Tarja Turunen interview Finnish (morning)TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCKMfdqaZjs

Interviewer: Interview with Tarja Turunen, she flew from Argentina to Finland yesterday
Welcome and good morning

Tarja: Good morning

Interviewer: You were last European tour, Can you tell us something about it.

Tarja: It was a hard tour. 20 concerts per month is a lot of singer.
But now I am sick, then [laugh]. As soon as a break came, then the flu hit. Although it is not swine flu.
Wonderful tour. 2-year promotion has now been made.

Interviewer: How do you relax after that.

Tarja: I'll put my brain on vacation. exercise, i go to movie and enjoy. I have to get a rest. My job is hard, because it is only the singing, but also a lot of travel.

Interviewer: You've been a month in Argentina. What did you do there

Tarja: I go singing lessons, I have my own private teacher. I enjoyed the Argentine culture, food and the weather is also warmer than in Finland [laugh],beautiful spring. Nice home stay and preparation for this forthcoming Christmas tour.

Interviewer: You also have the upcoming album in mind

Tarja: Yes, We working pre-production but we start recording it in february

Interviewer: Can you tell us a little about

Tarja: The album is called "What lies Beneath" and I wrote most of the songs myself and together with other composers.
It is very personal album; rock, metal, film and classical music.

Interviewer: Now you have come to Finland and you start to church concerts tour. What else you do at Christmas.

Tarja: I want got rid of this flu [laugh]. My Christmas belongs; Christmas scents, candles and I meet my family that i have been terrible miss.

Interviewer: Do you have time to spend Christmas

Tarja: No, we celebrate Christmas before 18.12, becouse then I have a concert in Moscow and Chile. So I'm at work for Christmas.

Interviewer: Let's talk a little your church concerts. What kind of people there is if you compare them to other conserts.

Tarja: It's been such a positive note than 2 years in a wide range of different people come my concerts.Each size and age.
Does not matter whether they rock or classical/Church concerts. Church concerts is also a young metal audience, who keep also different music. Music is the main thing and people need of music in the middle of all hurry i have noticed this.
It is a pleasure to sing when you see people touched.

Interviewer: Christmas tour is also organist Kalevi Kiviniemi and guitarist Marzi Nyman, good musicians.

Tarja: And Markku Kron [laugh]

Interviewer: Which musicians would like to work if you were to choose

Tarja: The sky is the limit oh, yeah [laugh]
Good musicians are so many, but I have a little girl's dream I would like to perform and do the world tour with someone magnificent tenor. Big dreams [laugh].

Interviewer: Dreams have to be

Tarja: Yes

Interviewer: We talk earlier, that the Catholic countries the church can not perform

Tarja: True, for example in my country, Argentina is not known church concerts, yes, music is played in churches but the soloists can not perform them. I would be a dream that one day I might also perform in churches in Argentina.

Interviewer: Maybe you should sometimes knock the door of the church in Argentina and ask can you sing there.

Tarja: You said it [laugh]

Interviewer: What is common in the Finnish and Argentinian Christmas

Tarja: Santa Claus, but Argentina, Santa Claus is running shorts and chocolate melts [laugh].
Christmas food

Interviewer: Eat there, the ham

Tarja: No, turkey and a lot of sweet foods.
Family is really important and fireworks are a lot, even more than in the new year.

Interviewer: What is your favourite Christmas song

Tarja: Varpunen jouluaamuna

Interviewer: Thanks for the interview and a Merry Christmas

Tarja: Thanks
Unia
Unia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by diana17rock Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:51 pm

Very Happy

acum inteleg si eu ceva Laughing

nimic nou ...dar interviul e super...ea e frumoasa..Very Happy I love you
diana17rock
diana17rock
Our Great Divide

Back to top Go down

Post by roxana_enache Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:28 am

diana17rock wrote:Very Happy

acum inteleg si eu ceva Laughing

nimic nou ...dar interviul e super...ea e frumoasa..Very Happy I love you

cand nu e frumoasa?! I love you
roxana_enache
roxana_enache
Our Great Divide

Back to top Go down

Post by Suomi_Rocks Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:11 pm

Afrodite wrote:Had some extra time on my hands, so I translated an oldie for you. Scans can be found here. If there's something else you want translated from my archive feel free to ask. Smile

Suosikki
June/2004

Love and death are clichés that only living can bring to life. During the last year Tarja Turunen has been living on the verge of emotions. The experiences can be heard on Nightwish's new album, the interpretation of which has boiling and healing powers.

Tarja Turunen
HEALER

Today Tarja Turunen got an amazing gift. A French fan had sent the singer a registered letter with a note. It read: "Your voice and Tuomas' music are pure gold. Don't ever stop." In that same letter packed in a small plastic bag was a gold coin from 1909.
Turunen gets a lot of gifts. At home in Kuusankoski there are piles of paintings, portraits, drawings, poems and flowers, flowers, flowers... The smell of roses follows Tarja where ever she goes.
- Our tour buses are filled roses. Sometimes I get to hear about them, when they start to smell and flies appear. The guys ask can't I take them away.
The roses are often accompanied by a greeting with the same content as the French coin: "Don't stop". Those words crystallize Tarja's whole career so far. She's always been the freak in metal music, the voice that would belong in a classical music concert hall.
No wonder that the fans and other Nightwish-members have been waiting with fear when Tarja announces she's leaving.
- It took me many years to convince the band I wasn't going anywhere, the singer grins right before the release of Once.
On the fifth Nightwish album Tarja Turunen sings with more soul than ever before. She suprises by combining pop-tunes and ethnic interpretation to classical singing.
- I've been training my voice for many years for it to fit Nightwish's music and it really hasn't been easy. I'm shockingly critical towards my own performance. When I heard Once for the first time I thought that now I can finally listen to one of our albums. Only now I'm 100 percent ready to sing for this band, to feel this music in my heart, Tarja rejoices.
The change has taken seven years. On the bands first album, Angels Fall First, Turunen was still a school girl from Kitee, who wanted to sing classical music. She knew nothing of metal. She still doesn't listen to heavy at home, but still a genuine crush for heavier music has been born.
- With metal I've found sides of me that I didn't know existed. I've thought of myself as quite sensitive person but sometimes I'm quite fierce too. Maybe my femininity stems from Nightwish. I've grown into a woman during Nightwish, the 26-year-old Turunen says.

Rock Rock
Tarja Turunen's favourite rock-singers:
1. "Type O Negative's Peter Steele is amazing. Very hardcore."
2. "My brothers listened to Iron Maiden and AC/DC. Bruce Dickinson was the first heavy singer that impressed me."
3. "I've heard many wonderful female singers in Argentina. There are extremely many of them there, but I don't know any names."

No parties on the bus

A few years ago Nightwish's inner problems had became so inflamed that songwriter Tuomas Holopainen decided to call it quits. For two weeks Nightwish was practically dead. Then reason and feeling won. The band changed their bass player and was back better than before. Century Child, which was released 2002, was a dark album with lyrics about the real problems inside the band.
Also Tarja has been forced to face problems. The biggest problem being blending in with four metalheads.
- It took a while. It took the guys years to understand that I'm a woman and a classical singer whose voice is a delicate instrument. I don't like parties on the bus. I can't sleep and I should sing the next day. That just won't do.
At times Tarja sulked in the bus alone and wondered why no one was taking her into consideration. Years on the road have taught the musicians to talk to eachother about problems.
- We've learned to know eachother. Today the guys take really good care of me. And there's nothing diva about it. I have sense about the fact that this is my job. I still want to be doing it when I'm 60.
The determined attitude has spread to the rest of the band. Nightwish knows what it wants and the members know how to require what they want. For example the smoke on stage is special that doesn't strain Tarja's throath.
- Now we have it easy. When we go to a new place, everything is ready for us, Turunen smiles.

Nightwish in a Hollywood-movie

With a budget of 200 000 euros Once is the most expensive rock album ever made in Finland. To crown it all Nightwish has payed for everything from its own pocket. The risk has been huge but the future seems bright. The album's first single Nemo has climbed charts all over Europe.
- Of course succees feel good. But we have certain backgrounds and history. Certain supporters already exist. Now it's time to open new doors, Tarja says calmly.
Musically Nightwish isn't knocking on doors but rushing through walls. Once is the most gigantic block a Finnish artist has ever casted on the surface of its cold home planet. The megalomaniac visions of Tuomas Holopainen defy superlatives. The Londoner symphony orchestra known from the Lord of the Ring-soundtracks and a doom day choir inflate the emotional side of the album outside rock or any other scale.
The grandiloquent songs are like made to accompany an action scene. Tarja hints that the headbanging song of the album, Wish I Had an Angel, is going to be heard in a Hollywood-movie.
- It's a big movie that has its premiere later this year. That's all I can say at this point.

Homes in Kuusankoski and Buenos Aires

As the buzz around the new Nightwish album escalates the press has lifted the band in the competition for the lord of Finnish export rock. HIM, The Rasmus and Nightwish are standing out as the top three. There is no golden club however, since outside the profession the rockstars have very little in common. Tarja Turunen doesn't know Lauri Ylönen or Ville Valo.
- We don't do the same things. I've once talked to Lauri on some festival in middle-Finland. With Ville we haven't been face to face except saying hi in the studio's halls.
One reason is as well that Tarja doesn't spend time in Helsinki's rock clubs. The singer says she loves nature and peace. She recently bought a piece of a row house from Kuusankoski with her Argentinean husband Marcelo.
- It's a lovely, safe place within an hour and a half away from Helsinki. We have a lot of friends and familiar musicians near Kouvola. I've lived at Helsinki's Munkkiniemi earlier but I didn't get much out of it. I am at the end of the day a country girl.
Besides Kuusankoski Tarja spends her time at Marcelo's home town Buenos Aires.
- It's my other home. I alway wonder how people are so positive there, eventhough Argentina has had some serious financial problems lately. In Buenos Aires people actually dance tango on the streets. It's great to look at but I haven't been mixed with that yet. My husband doesn't dance tango.
Though having two home countries is definitely a fortune it does cause the couple some headache. After the wedding last summer Tarja and Marcelo have coped with long times in a long-distance relationship where time together is hard to find. A relief is coming soon when Marcelo heads on a world tour with Nightwish.

Skeletons in the closet
The Nightwish-musicians can be heard in suprising connections:
1. Erno Vuorinen plays on TV almost every night. The guitarist has done many 'heavy-tunes' for sport shows on MTV3 and Nelonen. For example Ruutulippu (a show about motorsports) and Hockey Night are made by the Nightwish-guitarist. Erno's latest work is the theme music for the Toni Wirtanen Undercover-show.
2. Tuomas Holopainen has been in the live assembly of Timo Rautiainen & Trio Niskalaukaus for a while. Holopainen also has a side project called For My Pain.
3. Marco Hietala, who has been addressed our contry's best heavy singer, is still a part of Tarot, the perpetual motion machine of härmäheavy. In the future Nightwish and Tarot might be seen on the same festivals. Hail, Marco!
4. Tarja Turunen has lied-concerts regularly. In the future she will visit her brother Timo "not the child star" Turunen's schlager album.

Tarja as therapy

Nightwish's music paints the lowest depths of hell in front of the listener, but Tarja's beautiful voice brings comfort to the situation. The feeling is liberating. Also a group of psychiatrists have figured this out. A Romanian doctor saw Nightwish's Sleeping Sun and watched it 48 hours in a row without eating, drinking or sleeping. After the experience the doctor started to use Tarja's voice in therapy and helping psychosis children.
- At the moment my voice is healing small children in Romania, Tarja spreads her arms in astonisment.
Since Tarja has met the doctor in person.
- He's a special person who sees energy fields and can tell if someone's lying. The first time we met the hairs on my body stood up. I could feel his gaze going straight through me.
Last Christmas the same medic visited Tarja's Christmas concert in Valkeala's church with his patients. The show was recorded without the singer knowing about it.
- Apparently the tape has been used for something but it's only positive if music helps, Tarja smiles.
[ Shocked ]
Exactly the healing voice and cheerful country girl-attitude make Tarja a contradictory character - she sings in a band, whose style is based on bombast and gloominess. Tarja is everything Nightwish isn't.
- Yeah..
- But the other elements are in me too. I love drama and the feeling when I'm going onstage. When I know no one can perform there songs better than me. I've always wanted to be on display. For me performing is a pervert pleasure. But when the spotlights go out the feeling goes away and I don't want to be the center of attention.
There's a deep abyss between the worlds, crossing it is at times emotionally hard.
- Sometimes I feel like a bunny jumping from a bag. I've suffered many times in a live-situation when the extremities of feeling change so rapidly. It's hard work to keep up. If your mind wanders your body does too. Then singing won't work.
Now Nightwish faces its career's longest tour which will last a year and a half. Tarja confesses that the future frightens. The singer has planned to start yoga practices to learn to keep her mind clear.
- But surely all band members have the same insecure feelings. The guys will take care of me.

Fast forward
The important points of the Once-album to a second:
1. Wish I Had An Angel (3:48 )
Tarja Turunen screams on an album for the first time. The voice was so loud that the singer moved four meters away from the microphone just in case.
2. Creek Mary's Blood (6:59)
Indian John Two-Hawks reads a lakotan poem which is translated in the booklet.
3. Dead Gardens (3:38 )
Jouni Hynynen from Kotiteollisuus visits the band for one scream.
4. The Siren (2:41)
Is it a bird? Is is a UFO? Is it Mari Kaasinen from Värttinä? Tarja suprises by singing with an ethnic style.
5. Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan (1:54)
Tuomas Holopainen considers this cello solo the album's high point.
6. Higher Than Hope (3:13)
The song is dedicated to a Nightwish fan who died due to cancer, he talks about his illness at this point.
Suomi_Rocks
Suomi_Rocks
Most Helpful / Friendly

Back to top Go down

Post by diana17rock Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:24 pm

asa cum am zis si pe forumul oficial, am invatat cateva chestii noi de aici. se pare ca tarja vorbeste frumos despre baieti..cum ca a avea grija de ea..dar realitatea e alta..daca ar avea grija de ea...atunci le-ar fi pasat cand a fost atacata atunci pe scena..si nu s-ar fi purtat ca si cum nimic nu s-ar fi intamplat Sad
diana17rock
diana17rock
Our Great Divide

Back to top Go down

Post by Unia Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:11 pm

Acum cateva zile mi-am dat seama ca aveam niste imagini de la conferinta de presa din 2004, care nu au fost incluse in interviul difuzat pe TVR. Din cate stiu eu nu au fost postate pe youtube sau alte siteuri pana acum. Razz
Unia
Unia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kuolema Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:49 pm

interviul se afla si pe dvd-ul produs de fundatia aquarius care s-a vandut in 2005 la intrare la concert..l-am cumparat si eu..sunt inclusiv imagini de la repetitii si ceva dintr-un concert in munchen 2003 ..dvd-ul se numeste live..to tell the tale
nu e pe youtube?hmmm..
kuolema
kuolema
Most Interesting

Number of posts : 1044
Registration date : 2009-08-14

http://13blizzards.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down